Get Dirty...For a Healthier Planet
If you haven’t seen the documentary, Dirt! The Movie yet, now is a great time so you can get an eye-opening understanding of how dirt forms a protective skin around the planet. It tells the story of Earth’s most valuable and underappreciated source of fertility–from its beginning to its recent degradation. Over the past century, nearly one third of the top soil of the planet has disappeared, harming the natural environment in far reaching ways.
Think of ways to “get dirty” at your office. Think of ways to “get dirty” at your office.
• Encourage your employees to watch Dirt! The Movie.
• Learn more about the importance of dirt to the eco-system.
• Consider native plants instead of grass.
• Rethink paved roads and parking areas to encourage less impervious cover.
• Plant more trees and flowers.
• Get a water run-off study.
• Immediately reduce the use of fertilizer and weed killer.
• Support businesses that are green-friendly.
Here’s to a greener tomorrow, today.